Clowns group piano lessons (Up to 4 children per session)
Group piano lessons have been a great success at Clowns for the rising four’s age group. The main aim of the lessons is to be fun and develop the children curiosity and love of music. There is no formal practice required outside of lesson time, however all songs and things we cover in the lessons will be given out in easy to follow notes so even the most “non” musical of us can play along and see what the children are learning at home.
Piano playing skills, basic music harmony and theory such as note names and rhythms are just some of the key skills we will learn in lessons. Other skills which are transferable to every other aspect of a child’s development are; listening, singing, concentration, confidence, maintaining good posture, co-ordination, being independent as well as working as a team, learning to memorize material and much, much more!
A typical lesson will run like this:
- Introduction song and dancing
- Singing different notes, talking about high and low sounds (Pitch) and loud and soft sounds (dynamics).
- Finger exercises, learning to play in the beginning just with one finger and later developing our technique to all the fingers.
- Each child has a keyboard and we look over the songs we have been learning.
- Begin looking at a new song. New songs are roughly ever two/three weeks
- Team games or individual performances to the group.
- End of lesson game song with dancing in which the children play what they have learnt one-to-one with the teacher before the next child’s turn.