On a Tuesday morning we have a drama teacher who works with our three classes of 4 year olds. The drama sessions are linked into the topics the children are covering. The drama lesson is not supported by props, it is about the children becoming the character and using their imagination to create the story. On a Thursday after school our 3 and 4 year olds have a drama class which is optional and extracurricular.
Summary of a Lesson
- Specially tailored drama workshops which work on the 4 C’s – Confidence, Concentration, Communication and Coordination.
- Original music and movement exercises, all especially designed with child development at the heart.
- Clear focuses at the start of each lesson that can be shared and followed up by the nursery and the parent
- Each week we have a particular focus for instance, ‘greeting new people’ and ‘confident voices.’
- Classes are broken down into three specialised sections including, Move and Feel, Listen Speak and Sing and Create and Imagine.
‘Child development is at the heart of everything we do, so our weekly classes aim to boost your child’s confidence, improve their concentration and give them a creative outlet to make friends and have fun. We have developed a unique curriculum using a mix of energetic games, catchy songs and funky dances to help bring out children’s true potential. All class materials are written by us and each term there’s a different theme to keep young imaginations buzzing. We’ll help your child develop their social and personal skills, and they’ll have the best fun they have all week!
This term, we will be going on a fantastic voyage all the way to Treasure Island. On our adventure, we will become Mermaids and Pirates and will rescue the world famous Sacred Coconut that has been stolen by the wicked Captain Long Gone Silver. Along the way, we’ll meet Rita Conchita – The Castaway – Three singing mermaids and a host of other amazing characters. Throughout the term, we will learn both the “Seasick Pirate” and “X Marks the Spot” songs, we’ll dance “The Coconut Calypso” dance and will even learn two fantastic poems: “Rita Conchita” and “The Rum Rap”. Please note that throughout the term, we will be focussing on team work, responsibility, making decisions, how to control emotions, diction and lots, lots more’.
Perform For Schools Coordinator