The EYFS is a comprehensive statutory framework. It is mandatory for all Early Years providers and sets the standards for the learning, development and care of children from birth to five. The EYFS extends throughout the years of education and gives each child the chance to become a lifelong learner.
- Children learn through play based activities.
- Practitioners work in partnership with parents/carers.
- Practitioners acknowledge and value the child’s learning at home.
- Parent/carers are kept informed of their child’s progress.
- Equal opportunity to learning for all children.
- The welfare and all-round development of children with different backgrounds and level of ability including those with special educational needs and disabilities.
The framework is available to view and download here