The EYFS is a comprehensive statutory framework. It is mandatory for all Early Years providers and sets the standards for the learning, development and care of children from birth to five. The EYFS extends throughout the years of education and gives each child the chance to become a lifelong learner.
- Children learn through play based activities.
- Practitioners work in partnership with parents/carers.
- Practitioners acknowledge and value the child’s learning at home.
- Parent/carers are kept informed of their child’s progress.
- Equal opportunity to learning for all children.
- The welfare and all-round development of children with different backgrounds and level of ability including those with special educational needs and disabilities.
At Clowns our curriculum is designed to challenge and support the development of children’s knowledge and skills. Our curriculum intent is to facilitate high quality teaching and learning opportunities; enable moments of awe and wonder; embody a growth mindset; support wellbeing and prepare children for the next stage of their educational journey.
The curriculum at Clowns is the Birth to Five Matters, which we use alongside our personalised Learning Maps.
The Birth to Five Matters document can be found here.
Clowns Nursery featured in Nursery World
We are delighted to share with you the article below, featuring Clowns as a case stuy for Jenny Mosley’s Quality Circle Time – an initiative which is very much a part of our curriculum at Clowns. Well done Mrs Cassidy-Smith for a great write up.
The link to the Ofsted website is www.ofsted.gov.uk/
To download our latest Ofsted report, please click here.
Previous Reports: OFSTED REPORT JUNE 2016
To view Ofsted’s Privacy Notice (updated 2nd March 2022), please click below;