Clowns Nursery is an outstanding childcare provider located in a beautiful settling opposite Golders Hill Park and Hampstead Heath. We are looking for an experienced Early Years Teacher with a passion to deliver exceptional childcare and education to children under 5.
Class Teacher role specifications:
- You are required to have a sound understanding of the EYFS.
- You are required to equip the children with the tools and skills required for the process of the 4+ assessments.
- You are required to be highly organised and accurate in observations and assessment of children’s development and progress.
- You are required to be committed to developing a love of learning, whilst also implementing a structured environment to ensure that each pupil develops at an appropriate pace through differentiated planning and teaching. This should incorporate effective use of our outdoor learning spaces and ensure the high quality of learning is sustained.
- You are required to write reports on pupil’s development and progress twice per year.
- You are required to have experience in leading and managing classroom staff assigned within the room. You would be expected to take an active role in supervision of their paperwork and work with them in developing their professional skills. You would be expected to support them in their understanding the Early Years Outcomes, writing effective observations and producing and tracking progress in each child’s individual Learning Journals to the expected outstanding level.
- You are required to support colleagues as necessary and cooperatively to work as part of a team, attending all meetings and INSET.
- You are required to carry out all other duties, in and out of the classroom, including school outings and attending feeder school meetings. Please be aware that you will be required to complete planning, report writing, parent meetings and displaying the children’s work once the teaching day has ended.
- You are required to attend parents’ evenings to discuss pupils’ progress with parents alongside the manager.
- You are required to liaise with other teachers in parallel classes to ensure consistency and outstanding practices across the curriculum.
- You are required to be an exceptional team player who is used to working in a busy environment with a large staffing team, including full time extra-curricular staff (P.E., Drama and Music).
- You are required to abide by the values and ethos of our nursery.
- Team player
- Excellent communicator
- Uses initiative
- Commitment to continued professional development
- Evaluate own practice critically
- Confident and creative planner
- Must have QTS. This position is not open to NQTs.
- Applicants must either have a registered DBS certificate on the update service or have adequate documents to make an application. The list of acceptable documents can be found at www.gov.uk/guidance/documents-the-applicant-must-provide
- Must be looking for a long-term position. A minimum of one academic year is required.
If you wish to apply:
Please email a copy of your most recent CV to the Operations Manager, Miss Dudzai Pswarayi, along with a covering letter detailing why you are suitable for this role to email@example.com